Students of Gateway Graduate School, who successfully gain one of the stated qualifications below may be consider for direct entry into the First year or Second year of the programmes offered by Nottingham University Business School, Malaysia Campus.
This programme will provide you with a broad-based but theoretically rigorous grounding in a range of management principles. You will learn to apply a theoretical understanding of organisational analysis, economics and accounting to a range of different management subjects including human resource management, marketing and strategy. We will also encourage you to be critical, show initiative and develop an awareness of the benefits and limitations of different approaches to management.
Minimum requirement for entry into 1st year at Gateway Graduate School
- If you are armed with 1 pass in the GCE Advanced Level examination with C passes for English Language and Mathematics in the GCE Ordinary Level examination you can apply.
- If you have successfully completed the NCC International Foundation Programme (IFP) you can apply.
- Obtain an average of 60% in IFP, regardless of module combination.
- Meet the mathematic requirement
- Meet the English language requirement
- NCC Level 4 Diploma in Business
- Require to get an average of at least 65% in the Diploma + a pass in internal assessed Financial Management offered in the Level 5 Diploma, subject to exam paper moderation + at least 70% in Business Mathematics or Principles of Quantitative Methods.
Minimum requirement for entry into 2nd Year at University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus:
First Year (NCC Level 4 Diploma in Business)
The first year L4DB consists of core modules in:
- Fundamentals of Economics
- Introduction to Finance
- Principles of Marketing
- Understanding Business Organisations
- Essentials of Management
- Business Mathematics
- Communications for Business
After completion of the first year, students will be awarded the NCC Level 4 Diploma in Business.
Second Year (University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus)Modules:
- Contemporary Economic Policy
- Designing and Managing Organisations
- Marketing Strategy
- Economics of Business Decisions
- Managing the Marketing Mix
- Organising and Managing in Practice
- Management Accounting and Decisions 2
- Technology and Organisation
Third Year (University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus)Modules:
- Business Ethics
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management